new model homes katy fulshear tx
Community

About

A Community Built on Tradition


The community was established back in 1824 by Churchill Fulshear, one of Stephen F. Austin’s Old Three Hundred settlers. Originally centered around cotton and flour, the area experienced a boom in 1888 when Churchill Fulshear Jr. granted right-of-way to the San Antonio and Aransas Pass Railway. By 1900, the town boasted 11 stores, three saloons, a post office, a school and a hotel. Over the past century, the town has been able to maintain its small-town charm. It remains a center for locally produced rice, cotton, soybeans, corn, poultry, pecans and cattle.